Sunday, January 17, 2010

Acura ZDX – A car commercial that sings


I was watching the Jets handily tame the Chargers – and had one thumb on my mute button (which is marked FOR CAR COMMERCIAL USE ONLY). But I froze... was blindsided... and was sacked by a stunningly captivating commercial... for... a... car. How often does that happen? This clip for the Acura ZDX actually makes you ACHE for the stupid hunk of metal being displayed.

So this is it: The 50% of your advertising expense that gets results. Check it out here and prepare for magic.



brandsinger

7 comments:

twoeightnine said...

I think the lady (who needs to be named) had a little to do with it but yeah, the game couldn't hold my attention as well as this commercial did.

Jay Livingston said...

She turns her head slowly, looks at the classic building, and asks herself: How can I get to Carnegie Hall?

a. Practice
b. Tango
c. In an Acura

brandsinger said...

Thanks for the comment, twoeightnine (great name, by the way - is that your weight, IQ, birthday, pistol caliber, address, net worth in millions or systolic BP?).

Yeah, Jay. Carnegie Hall was carefully selected to enhance implied elegance and sophistication. For Dodge Ram commercials the deep primeval signposts are splattering mud and significant breasts. It's all image, baby!

twoeightnine said...

It's actually the prefix to my phone number growing up. When you have a generic name you have to get creative with a web address. Though right now it could also be my net worth, in dollars.

Jay said...

289: If you grew up in NYC, and if you were older, that would have been Atwater 9 -- on the East Side. I'm in Endicott 2 myself.

twoeightnine said...

Jay, change the C to an S and you've got it. I'm from Upstate, Shortsville to be exact.

黑色皮包 said...

很棒的分享~~~來留個言囉~~~~........................................